The Foreign Trade Association (FTA)
WHO WE ARE
FTA unites over 1,900 retailers, importers and brands as the leading business association of global commerce that promotes the values of international trade and sustainable supply chains.
Through its International Trade Policy services, FTA advocates to ensure that decisions made at the highest European and international policy level support members to maximise the benefits of trade and sustainable supply chains.
Through its Sustainability Supply Chain services, FTA offers two initiatives to manage companies’ supply chain risks and drive sustainability performance in their global supply chain. The Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) is a leading supply chain management system that supports companies in improving working conditions in factories and farms along their global supply chain. While the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) enables companies to manage and improve the environmental performance of their global supply chain through a supported and tailored management system approach.
FTA IN INDIA
Given the importance as a key sourcing country for FTA members, India has remained a key priority for the association. FTA has had a long-standing presence in the country, where it has built strong ties over the years.
The partnership established in 2016 between FTA and the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce (IGCC) will support FTA’s goals of promoting trade in a sustainable way. Through this collaboration, both organisations will be able to combine their strengths, uniting the indepth local knowledge provided by IGCC and FTA’s world-class social and environmental sustainability programmes – the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) and the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI). FTA’s India representative, Natasha Mehta Majumdar, will provide local support to FTA members and producers and will contribute to leverage the impact of our activities in the country.
SNAPSHOT OF OUR ASSOCIATION
- Not for profit global business-driven organisation
- Offices in Brussels, Hong Kong, Dhaka and Mumbai
- 40 years’ expertise in supporting companies on trade and sustainable supply chains issues
- Over 1,900 members in 36 countries representing 910 billion Euro turnover
- 12 national associations members
- Nine National Contact Groups in Europe (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland)
10 BENEFITS WE OFFER TO OUR COMPANIES
- Ensure your trade and sustainability interests are heard at European and international level
- Increase efficiency through engaging in well-known and established sustainable supply chain management systems
- Reduce your company’s sustainability risks through increased visibility into your supply chain
- Benefit from substantial financial savings on social audits through sharing audit results
- Reduce audit fatigue at your suppliers and support them to focus on social and environment improvements
- Benefit from practical guidance on implementing sustainability in your supply chain
- Manage reputational risk through tailored communication support
- Stay ahead on the latest trade and sustainability news and trendsAccess our international conferences to meet key industry players
- Engage in specific sustainability projects together with other members and key players in the industry
Get involved in FTA’s international conferences for trade and sustainable supply chain management. Visit our website to learn about upcoming events near you.
Foreign Trade Association
Avenue de Cortenbergh, 172
1000 Brussels - Belgium
Tel: +32-2-762 05 51
Twitter │ LinkedIn │YouTube │ Flickr
Natasha Mehta Majumdar, FTA India Representative
Indo-German Chamber of Commerce
Maker Tower E Wing, 1st Floor, Opp. IDBI Towers
Cuffe Parade, Colaba
Tel: +91 22 66652 121
Fax: +91 22 66652 120