Are you a member of the IGCC? Take a look at the benefits of being one!
1. Business events
Regular events organized by the Indo-German Chamber provide our members a platform for interacting with the international business community, industry associations or Indian and German authorities. The events create an opportunity to share experiences and learn from each other as well as establish new business contacts and realize new business opportunities.
We invite guest speakers with business or industry background to speak on current and relevant topics, be it the latest tax reform, financial investment, intercultural cooperation or typical obstacles of doing business in India etc. Presentations are typically followed by interactive sessions, discussions and information exchange.
- Indo-German Business Meet (IGBM)
The IGBM is a monthly event for Indian and German business managers of Indo-German ventures. Its purpose is to:
-Exchange views and experiences
-Give members an opportunity to introduce their company / themselves
-Inform participants about upcoming events such as Delegations, Seminars, Workshops etc.
- Founders’ Day
Once a year, members are invited to a lecture by an important dignitary from Germany. This event is held to commemorate the foundation of the Indo-German of Commerce in the year 1956.
We organize German delegations (also sector-specific) with participants from various industries as well as meetings and events in India and Germany to initiate the contact to local companies. As a member, this is the ideal opportunity for you to meet potential business partners from Germany without having to bear the costs, time and effort of a trip to Germany.
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Every year we invite our Indian members to the AGM in Mumbai and our German members to the Annual Meet in Duesseldorf. With around 550 participants in India and 300 participants in Germany our annual meetings are the largest events of the Indo-German business community in India as well as in Germany. It is an elite gathering of industrialists, exporters, importers, diplomats, VIPs and media, making it an excellent platform for contact building and advertising.
The concept of brand-building at the IGCC AGM has always proved to be a good marketing tool for many of our members. For this reason we offer members the opportunity to exhibit their products, services or corporate messages on this event. In addition to the exhibition, we always invite high-profile guest speakers and organize a reception subsequently.
- Christmas Market
While introducing a German tradition to India, the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce organizes Christmas Markets in Delhi and Mumbai. Our Christmas Markets are fun events as well as business ones, where entertainment goes hand-in-hand with business opportunities. All members are invited.
2. Legal assistance
You can make use of our legal services in order to realize your interests or your “right”. We offer to give you contacts of government authorities, settle disputes by mediation or review your contract. All these services are free or for a discounted rate for members.
The Indo-German Chamber of Commerce gives your company visibility in the market by listing it in our online Membership Directory. Additionally, you can advertise in our magazine or on our website for a reduced price or we can organize a corporate event or company presentation for you. Similarly, you get a discount when publishing your inquiry in German trade publications. When it comes to bringing Indian and German companies together, e.g. in the course of a business partner search or delegation, we always recommend suitable member companies on a priority.
4. Information / Publications
For more than 59 years the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce has built up an extensive knowledge and we widen and update this regularly. This information is provided to our members:
- Members receive our bi–monthly magazine “Indo-German Economy” free of cost. The Indo-German Economy writes about the Indian as well as the German economy, latest economic trends etc.
- Our newsletter (in English and German) is e-mailed to our Indian and German members respectively every month. It informs you about events and important dates.
- Our offices (six in India, one in Germany) include a library with a broad range of specialized literature like directories, industry associations’ publications, Indo-German related journals and information leaflets, which can be used by our members from Monday to Friday during working hours.
- The publications of the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce cover issues that are of highest interest to our member companies, especially the topics trade and business, tax matters, legal regulations and collaborations. All our publications are either free or discounted for members.
- Our website offers not only information about our services, trade fairs, renewable energies etc. but also Indo-German trade and business relations. Our B2B page also informs you about new business opportunities.
The Indo-German Chamber of Commerce offers numerous services from Business Partner Search to Company Formation, from Legal Advice to HR-Recruitment. The complete range of services is either free for members or available for discounted rates.