IGTC - The Kindergarten for Business Enthusiasts!
“Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently! And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones, who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
- Steve Jobs
It is one thing when these ‘crazy ones’ are working with you, or for you. The game, however, is drastically redefined when they’re the ones you learn from. At IGTC, to our absolute delight, we’ve found them, not just in teachers (the Faculty), but also mentors (the Administration) and leaders (the Directors) - all working in tandem to help us walk the right path. The classes aren’t only about subjects, they also include life lessons that equip us for the world at large. Disciplined work and work ethics go hand in hand here. That’s why the alumni are so illustrious and that is the legacy each new batch attempts to uphold, and has ‘managed’ to so far.
- “In a nutshell, IGTC in itself stands tall on its values of hard work, integrity and discipline. I look forward to embarking on this journey of knowledge and aspirations." - Gitu Kumar, trainee with Siemens Limited
- “IGTC is a place where minds are enlightened and encouraged to look beyond the usual while people are made ready for stable and sustainable careers.” - Sapna Ashar, trainee with DBOI Global Services
Shedding some light on the German Dual Education System, it is imperative for students to be selected at least by one company (affiliated to the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce) to be accepted into the programme. The selection is determined by an exhaustive process involving IGTC Written Test, Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. The Post Graduate Programme in Business Administration provides a combination of learning from a distinguished faculty and training with some of the leading global organisations. Doing so, there is a remarkable learning environment, which adds new dimension to the experience of doing a business management programme. The General Management curriculum has a variety of subjects from different areas, giving us deeper insight into the corporate world.
- "Words fall short to express the sense of pride and accomplishment, when you are selected as a trainee with the world’s leading German organisations!” - Rohan Raj, trainee with Schaefer Systems International
Our very first lesson came from Ms. Radhieka R Mehta, Director - IGTC, during the interviews before we began the course - ‘If the journey is perfect, the outcome will not matter’. Each student of this batch - perhaps like those before us - already speaks of the course as a journey; and we recognise already that there can be no compromise for hard work, sincerity or punctuality at any point along the way.
- "The new book is opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!" - Shivani Joshi, trainee with Mercedes-Benz India
- “At IGTC I’ve found a second home and family. Each professor has told us that we’re back in Kindergarten. Our seniors feel more like big brothers and sisters, and absolutely everybody cares” - Ninad Naik, trainee with Euro Diesel Group
- “The perfect start to the IGTC journey. We were warmly welcomed to be part of not merely an institution, but a family.” - Anaita Lobo, trainee with SCHOTT Glass India
At our induction, we had the privilege of meeting and being addressed by Mr. Bernhard Steinruecke, Director General, Indo-German Chamber of Commerce. His energy was contagious, his humour enrapturing and his words were priceless. Mr. Steinruecke got us acquainted to the big family we were about to become a part of. Our seniors, whose shoes we must prepare to fill, left a lasting impact on us with their contribution to our induction. At the root of the bond between us lies the fact that from the very beginning, they’ve been around to pat our backs and give us a broad smile, saying "It's going to be okay! This journey is about fun and learning. And we are here whenever needed." Once you are comfortable and happy where you are and the people you are with, the journey becomes a life time experience
- “We got a warm welcome from IGTC. The treasure hunt changed the dynamics of the entire batch by the evening. It was fun, broke the ice, and taught us so much. Thanks to our dear seniors.” - Rupali Patil, trainee with LANXESS India
- “This was the perfect welcome. The seniors showed us all the important places we will need to know. I came to realise I’d made the perfect decision in becoming a part of this institution that now feels like family.” - Girija Kshirsagar, trainee with Volkswagen India
- "The treasure we discovered that day had no colour, shape or physical form. What we found were grassroots of the propitious bond between ourselves, our seniors and our mentors. And the promise of a bright future." - Rohit Sathe, trainee with Thyssenkrupp Industries India
Groucho Marx’s famous remark, “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana” could be construed to have several meanings. We use it here to say that time is of paramount essence at IGTC. There is little time wasted and a lot of effort put into keeping the work environment lively and progress-intensive. Ready to attend our very first lecture, at 9:00 in the morning, we were straight backed and nervous (with butterflies in the stomach). At 9.05, we were a part of something phenomenal. By the end we wondered at how time had flown. Later in the day, we had a moment of contemplative epiphany when our second lecturer asked us this - “From the day we are born, to the day we die, what is it we try to do anyway?” It’s a strange question: Simple, and without a singularly satisfactory answer.
- “IGTC won’t feed you with solutions, it lets you find it yourself.” - Rachita Sejpal, trainee with Euro Diesel Group
Education in its essence, with the right instruction and enthusiasm is intrinsically enjoyable; we caught ourselves wondering (on more than one occasion) if these ‘Gurus’ of their respective fields could even see the elusive metaphorical box we keep trying to think outside of. The same joy of learning, however, is riddled with distinct undertones about how we have to push ourselves more than we ever have to succeed here, but it would be worth it. And in this regard of hard work, we find role models in our seniors. The way they conduct themselves, our interactions together, the tips and words of advice make the task seem less daunting, if not endurable.
- “IGTC is not just a way of life, it is a much needed nourishment for young minds to grow, excel and prosper in the corporate world.” - Flavia Misquitta, trainee with Siemens Limited
- “It’s about being the best we can. This is education created from a purist’s need point. That’s what makes it more fun.” - Anubhav Deb, trainee with DHL Express India
Drawing from ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’ - By Robert T. Kiyosaki – IGTC feels like the guiding hand that equips people first successfully get into, and subsequently leave the “Rat Race” far behind, winning as per our own definitions. We will be taught the rules of the game, but left to our own devices; within limits (during the course) set by the stern mother-like hands of the ‘all women team’ that make up the administration.
- Contributed by Anubhav Deb, Flavia Misquitta, Sapna Ashar and Vishavpreet Kaur – PGPBA Batch 2015 – 2017