Post Graduate Programme in Business Administration
Based on the German Dual Education System
For years, German companies have been considered industrial leaders, admired globally for their technical expertise, precision and perfection in planning and execution. One of the undisputed factors, credited for this success of the German industry globally, has been its world-renowned German Dual Education System, wherein the practical training is imparted by the organisation themselves while the theoretical classes are organised and certified by the Chambers of Commerce. This system is practiced in Germany for over 350 training occupations and also adopted in other European countries.
Modelled on the highly effective Dual Training System, the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce (IGCC) established the Indo-German Training Centre (IGTC) in India. IGTC Mumbai was established in 1991, followed by IGTC Chennai in 2005 and IGTC Bangalore in 2008. All the IGTCs share a common vision under the aegis of the Chamber. They collaborate with leading German organizations as well as other IGCC member companies to conduct an industry-driven Post Graduate Programme in Business Administration. Through this programme, theoretical learning in general management is interspersed with on-the-job practical training (internships) at a collaborating company, thereby giving students multiple opportunities to practically apply their acquired knowledge to live, cross-functional projects.
Through this unique industry-driven management training, German companies in India offer graduates an excellent opportunity to shape sustainable careers in commercial and techno-commercial functions such as Sales & Marketing; Accounting, Controlling & Finance; Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain; Human Resources and Corporate Communications.
- 18-months, full-time business administration programme based on the German Dual Education System
- Theoretical learning at IGTC alternated with hands-on practical training at an assigned company
- World-class German and other IGCC member companies invited to select their desired trainee/s during the admission process; only applicants selected by them admitted to the programme
- Holistic general management curriculum delivered by experts from industry and academia
- Opportunity to gain on-the-job experience and to work on live projects at the assigned company
- Exposure to German processes, practices and work culture through live projects at the assigned company
- Personalized mentoring toward competency building and soft skill development
- Focus on German and intercultural learning
- Dr. Günter Krüger Award for Excellence awarded to the Best Performing Student
- 100% placement record with 1200+ successful alumni
Theoretical Learning at IGTC
Practical Training at Partnering Company
August - October
November - January
February - April
May - July
August - October
November - January
Partnering German and other member companies
World-class German companies in India that are active partners with IGTC include Archroma India,B. Braun Medical India, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co., BASF Group, Bayer Group ,Bharat Forge, BMW India, Bosch Limited, Brose India Automotive Systems, Claas India, Clariant Chemicals India, DBOI Global Services, DHL Express India, Dr. Oetker India, EFD Induction, Euro Diesel Group, Evonik Industries, Extentia Technologies, Fuchs Lubricants (India), Gold Seal - SaarGummi India, Groz-Beckert Asia, Häfele India, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co., Hella India, Hirschvogel Components India, Knorr-Bremse Technology Center India, KSB Pumps, LANXESS India, Lufthansa Technik Services India, Mercedes-Benz India, Merck Ltd., Metro Cash & Carry India, NRB - Industrial Bearings, Rittal India, Schaeffler Group, SCHOTT Glass India, Siemens Ltd., SMS India, SSI SCHAEFER | Schaefer Systems International, Steinbach & Partner, TDK EPCOS India, Thyssenkrupp Industries India, TÜV India, TÜV Rheinland India, Volkswagen India, Wacker Chemie India, Würth India among many others.
The role of the partnering company is to:
- Conduct the Personal Interview process at IGTC and to select a management trainee based on their organizational requirements.
- Endorse and offer admission to deserving and meritorious trainees to the IGTC Post Graduate Programme in Business Administration.
- Offer confirmed, on-the-job management training in the company for six months as a part of the PGPBA curriculum.
- Pre-plan the training process with meaningful assignments and live projects, so that the trainee develops under real conditions in the organization.
- Enable the trainee to acquire detailed business knowledge and soft skills through mentorship and guidance from experienced colleagues and industry mentors.
At the end of the training process, the partnering company has the first preference to recruit their respective trainees. The company assesses overall work performance of the trainees, their career interests and job profiles available within the organisation to find a suitable employment opportunity. In many cases, this proves to be a win-win for both. The company gets a hands-on employee, who is already well-oriented to the organisation while the trainee gets a dream job in a leading German and other IGCC member organizations.
Quotes Mr. A. Krishna, Executive Director - Finance and Commercial, Robert Bosch Engineering & Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd. and Former Chairman of the Indo-German HR Partner Forum, “We have IGTC students working in HR, Accounts, Sales, Controlling, Finance, Purchase and Marketing, and that says it all. The internship stints develop a close and strong bond with the organization. It gives the students a clear practical edge at work because theoretical inputs get correlated to actual projects, thereby speeding up the learning curve when they get on to their jobs.”
IGTC Admission Process
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Com./B.M.S./B.M.M./B.Sc./B.A. graduates with over 50% aggregate marks in graduation
- 0-3 years of work experience.
Applicants must download the PGPBA E-Brochure and fill in the online application form on mumbai.igtcindia.com. The cost of the application form is Rs. 1250/- plus Service Tax. Payments are accepted online/ cash/ cheque, drawn in favor of ‘Indo-German Training Centre.’
All IGTCs have a common Application Form, Application Fee, Admission Test and Group Discussion round. In case, the student does not get through the IGTC of his/her first preference, he/she can apply to other IGTCs. He/she will have to undergo an additional Personal Interview Round at the respective IGTC.
Stage I: IGTC Written Test (includes Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical / Analytical Reasoning, General Awareness and Written Communication), Group Discussion, Past Academic Performance and Work Experience.
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the above parameters (Stage I) and shortlisted for the Personal Interview Round (Stage II).
Stage II: Personal Interview conducted by Collaborating Training Companies
Companies review the profiles of shortlisted applicants (after Stage I) and indicate their preference to interview the applicants that match their requirements. Hence, every shortlisted applicant may have the opportunity to interview with one or more collaborating training companies and to prove his/her merit to be selected for a training place in the company. On completion of the interview process, the companies give their decision to IGTC regarding their selected trainees. Based on this, the applicants are allotted to his/her respective training company and offered admission to the IGTC programme. This distinctive and unique admission process ensures that every selected applicant is connected to a partnering training organisation right from the time of admission to the IGTC programme.
The programme fees are Rs. 2,75,000 + Service Tax as applicable.
For Admissions, Contact
IGTC Mumbai: +91-22-22822002 / 22834773;
IGTC Bangalore: +91-80-40926130;
IGTC Chennai: +91-44-28340107 / 28340067;